Why Do We Think Kids Can Change Lives?
Because We Can.
Little efforts add up. Kiva Club gives us an opportunity to do more as a team to help small entrepreneurs with little resources. Tell stories. Raise funds. Help people who otherwise could not receive loans. We believe that our collective voice and action will help people living in poverty to help themselves.
And while a $25 donation may not launch a mega-corporation, it can help small entrepreneurs buy goods to sell, order raw materials or rent a storefront where one person can touch the lives of many.
We’re new at this, but every day we are learning a little more about microlending, entrepreneurship, and people in regions of need all over the world. Someone smart (Frances Bacon) once said “Knowledge is power.”
The wise Dalai Lama suggested, “In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.”
Our team shares a vision to explore, learn and take action to share stories and lend funds. We can help change lives of people who want to work hard for themselves, their families and their communities.
Kiva is a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Over 97% of Loans Are Repaid
3,200,000 Borrowers Funded
Join More Than 1,900,000 Kiva Lenders
$1,600,000 Loans Given
Meet a Few of the Students with Hempfield Kiva
We hope more students will join us, more community leaders will lend and more businesses will rally to stamp out poverty.
- "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."Aristotle#WeAreWhatWeDo #LoanRepeastedly
- "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world."Margaret Mead#CitizensCanChangetheWorld
- “There is no better exercise for your heart than reaching down and helping to lift someone up”Bernard Meltzer#ReachDown #LiftUp
- "Don't waste time on what's not important. Don't get sucked into the drama. Get on with it: don't dwell on the past. Be a big person; be generous of spirit; be the person you'd admire."Allegra Huston#Don'tDwellBeBig
- "It is more agreeable to have the power to give than to receive."Winston Churchill#PowertoGive
- “Don't wait for other people to be loving, giving, compassionate, grateful, forgiving, generous, or friendly... lead the way!”Steve Maraboli#LeadtheWay
Join Hempfield Kiva!
If you are a Hempfield High School student, we’d love for you to become a member!
And, if you are dedicated to fighting poverty, helping entrepreneurs, or just want to do a good deed today, please share our mission and stories with your friends.